Tuesday, April 10, 2012

SPRING PATTERNS

Ragged Point Big-Sur

A few sketches of Spring - all showing patterns in different ways. - I always try and find patterns and designs when I sketch or paint. Here are a few examples - patterns in shadows - using flowers to create a Fabric Design? - Shapes of clouds grasses or trees and tree trunks. Spring is in the air in California - it's subtle but I have learn't over the years to seek it out and recognize it.

                                       

                                           Poppy Design 


Ferns

Riseley Church


Yosemite Spring

Ragged Point #2

Spring Leaf Patterns

Silver Birches

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy Luisa! These are great sketches. The top one almost looks like block print. Very nice. Also the Silver Birches watercolor is beautiful. Well, they're all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rugged point is amazing... i mean, i was browsing my reading list very lousily and this work of yours made me stop to take a closer look. really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I love your paintings! They are all so beautiful I found myself on your blog browsing through them for a couple hours last night.

    I am getting married at Ragged Point next spring, actually at the very location that you painted. I was wondering if I could use your painting (ragged point #2, the portrait-oriented version) as a background for my invitations. I am sorry to post this as a comment, I couldn't find a way to email you...
    Please let me know if this would be alright, or if there would be a way for you to be comfortable letting me use your artwork as a background for my invitations. I would love to use your artwork as part of my wedding. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitlin - thank you so much for the lovely comment! --- You have made my day ----- If you email me at this address and send me your details I will send you an original small watercolor as my gift to you for your wedding!
      luisamillicent@hotmail.com

      Delete