Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bay View and the Strand

Bay View Drive



work process


I am going to post the words of two talented artists that I admire to go with todays  artwork! I don't pretend to be a writer on my blog - I much prefer the work to speak for itself. I wonder if this is how most famous artists felt? Their words always seem so clever and profound to me.....


ANDREW WYETH on watercolor
"The only virtue to it is to put down an idea quickly without thought about whaat-you feel at that moment. It's one's free side. Watercolor shouldn't behave!---Andrew Wyeth


The Strand Looking North


Sketch

"Colors and line and shape seem for me a more definite statement than words."
Georgia O'Keeffe

The Strand Looking South

1 comment:

  1. Once again you've created a group of beautiful watercolors! Love the city street on "Bay View Drive." And on the "The Strand Looking North," I love the multi-color plants in the foreground. As well as the soft values representing hills in the background. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete