Sunday, January 20, 2013

JANUARY LIGHT

Manhattan Avenue Dusk- Palos Verdes in the distance

January has been very cold this year - in the morning we have seen temperatures in the low 30's with ice on the ground by the ocean! - This past week by mid day we have been experiencing 80 degrees - and it really is messing with my mind again - I keep forgetting it is still winter and there is snow on the ground in the UK! - I have gone through my whole wardrobe from ski jackets to shorts all in the space of a week.

The light has been tremendous at dusk - and I have tried in these 4 paintings to capture it. It can be very elusive and like fairy dust - but I think I have gone some way to show the magical few hours between dusk and darkness here on the coast.


Happy New Year to all who view this blog - I am really excited to carry on with my creative journey - thanks for checking in. I am working on the next set of small paintings to be blogged soon.....


Shadows-looking towards the Pacific.


Manhattan Avenue fading light


12th Place Evening Highland Ave


No comments:

Post a Comment