Saturday, February 16, 2013

PECKFORTON HILLS

Peckforton

Beeston


This is a beautiful place to go and walk in Cheshire,  England.   My husband has walked these hills as a young man - with me courting and then as a married couple! - We have enjoyed rambling on the many paths with good friends and family - with one kid and now two! ~ These hills hold many happy memories for us - it is a special wild windblown spot!

 

Woodland Path Beeston Castle

Peckforton Estate Lane

Old Gateway

Looking out over Cheshire plain



3 comments:

  1. These are great Luisa! I love the chaotic tree limbs of the Woodland Path Beeston Castle piece. These paintings remind me a little of David Hockney's new book, "A Bigger Picture." Its really nice, if you have a chance to seeing, check it out. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard - My daughter recently saw a film about Hockney's most recent paintings in her AP Art class and came home to tell me that she saw a similarity in some of my work - I was very taken with her comment - so thank you also for seeing any kind of reminder/glimpse of Hockney! - I would have loved to have seen the exhibition at the Royal Academy of Art in London last year - I truly think these large paintings of the countryside around Bradford are beautiful and his most appealing works... They also remind me of Stanley Spencer's English garden paintings - full of color, shapes and detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hockney film is available on Amazon streaming for free (with Prime) but I have yet to see it. Looking forward to seeing it! I've not heard of Stanley Spencer but I'll check his work out, thanks for the tip! And keep painting, your work is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete