Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sidewalk Sketches

Morningside Parking Lot



Side walk sketches in my small 8x5 Moleskin watercolor sketch book.  The parking structure on Morningside is really interesting if you ever bother to look up and see the patterns of the iron or steel supports - painted in this case a lovely turquoise to go with the beach side theme. Looking up is always a good idea - people miss so much by just looking ahead. I guess I am used to doing this especially coming from London where there is so much fantastic architecture to look at. When I visit with my kids I am constantly telling them "look up".

Painting in progress.


Sketch


Downtown -Manhattan Beach blvd



I thought the shadow on the street was really interesting - and then all the colors of the different restaurants and bars makes for a colorful little sketch. Some great eateries along this little parade - "Rock n Fish" a family favorite - and the great beach bar "Shellbecks" on the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment