Friday, June 29, 2012

STREET SCENES

Dusk- Looking North

North Bay View - Near 30th Place

A quote I rather like.


“This twinned twinkle was delightful but not completely satisfying; or rather it only sharpened my appetite for other tidbits of light and shade, and I walked on in a state of raw awareness that seemed to transform the whole of my being into one big eyeball rolling in the world’s socket. Through peacocked lashed I saw the dazzling diamond reflection of the low sun on the round back of a parked automobile. To all kinds of things a vivid pictorial sense had been restored. Water in overlapping festoons flowed down one sloping street and turned gracefully into another. With ever so slight a note of meretricious appeal, narrow passages between buildings revealed treasures of brick and purple. I remarked for the first time the humble fluting – last echoes of grooves on the shafts of columns – ornamenting a garbage can, and I also saw the rippling upon its lid – circles diverging from a fantastically ancient center.

I walked up, and I walked down, and I walked straight into a delicately dying sky.”

 “The Vane Sisters” – Vladimir Nabokov – American Fantastic Tales.  


The Strand House

2 comments:

  1. I can't help but admire your beautiful watercolors Luisa! They're gorgeous! So much light in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same for me : I love the atmosphere of your work. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete