Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Up Hill -  Down Hill

16th Street


I don't think I will ever get tired of painting these streets down to the ocean --- maybe it is because they lead to the beach and Pacific. The childlike joy of seeing the waves always makes me happy - I'm guessing it's the same for most of us who have childhood memories of happy days spent playing in the sand and waves!

I particularly like 16th Street for it's beachy colors. I have painted it a few times - playing around with lose and tighter painting techniques - also the shadows on the road. - The streets in Manhattan Beach have been constantly changing over the years with a large amount of construction work. The houses are an eclectic mix of old beach cottages and 3 story modern town homes.

Older Sketch


Study


El Porto uphill


No comments:

Post a Comment